AMPM 2.0 is a venture-funded clothing, accessory & lifestyle brand with an “artful, understated modern Indian aesthetic”. With the launched of its first experiential store in AW, 2021 at Emporio, New Delhi, AMPM plans to deploy a mix of high-end experiential stores and digital first initiates to capture the hears of consumers in India and abroad.
For this exciting phase of its journey, AMPM is looking for an experienced and self-driven Head of Sales (Online & Physical). As the Head of Sales, you will be responsible for developing the AMPM 2.0 sales vision, strategy and execution.
The successful candidate needs to have an instinctive inclination for luxury fashion, have a deep understanding and working knowledge of retail (physical and online) in a leadership position to be able to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
The responsibilities include
- developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Setting and achieving annual goal
- Building a high performing team
- Building industry wide relationships
- Understanding and applying changes in customer trends to strategy.
- Responsible for all channels – physical (company owned, Exhibitions and MBOs), online and CRM.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & GROWTH:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the retail stores including online and make sure the brand experience is being maintained at all levels of customer interaction and on the company level.
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex and competing priorities with time management and organizational skills;
- Be able to work in fast-paced system handling multiple channels at the time
- Prepare both quantitative and qualitative three year business & sales plan and budget based on systematic market research, historical performance and future outlook.
- Have proven record via working knowledge of offline & online business and be quick at working adapting in an Omni-channel setting with a data-driven customer centric approach.
- Create buying plan / inventory plan for the season basis the previous successes and learning.
- Be responsible for weekly and monthly reports – targets of the store basis the KPIs.
- Co-develop and maintain the KPIs and KRAs of the Sales & CRM team in terms of the walk-ins, UPT, conversion, new client acquisition, sell-out %, and other key metrics of the retail store front.
- Ensure optimal Inventory level with proper stock rotation in close collaboration with merchandising/ operations team.
- Maintain and develop new offline MBOs and generate optimal business contribution.
- Be experienced in conducting the trunk shows in India and abroad
- Explore business development opportunities for new boutiques, exhibitions, MBOs and other revenue generating commercial agreements/ collaborations
- Develop & encourage cultivation of strong relationships with clients to ensure maximum satisfaction and increase client loyalty and retention
- Identify orders requiring special needs and handling, in partnership with the Operations team
- Be able to contribute to the new ideas for sales and marketing keeping the brand ethos in mind.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Constantly feed to HQ and relevant teams on customer/ market feedback on collections, retail experience, and competitive activities and suggest relevant improvements/ course corrections for the brand from time to time.
- Work closely with the Design & Marketing teams to create winning designs/ strategies and executions.
- Maintain a good working relationship with different departments
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
RECRUITMENT & TEAM BUILDING:
- Ensure that a robust recruitment process is followed in collaboration with HR Team at AMPM in order to attract the top talent and best quality employees in the country.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of staff performance through good selection process, proper pay practices, appropriate career development plans and a healthy working environment.
- Lead by example in the area of people management.
- Build “team spirit” amongst the staff members.
- Be sensitive and encourage good spirit and individual progress of each member in the sales organization.
- Motivate and train members of the team to ensure that organization’s behavior and business performance is in line with the expected level of AMPM excellence and targets.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Experience & background
- 12 – 15 years’ relevant experience.
- Retail operations, hands–on store management and P&L experience vital.
- Experience with luxury/ premium brand is a must.
- Solid understanding of sales, branding, budgets and HR etc.
Skills & competencies
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to mentor and groom teams.
- Unquestionable integrity (and discretion, respect for core values)
- Entrepreneurial with a desire to work in a lean team culture
- Excellent team player and collaborative approach.
- Must be ‘ego–less’, low–key and humble.
- Diplomacy and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in and ability to handle the pressure of working in a fast moving and challenging fashion retail space (Candidate must display resilience, patience & maturity).
- High attention to detail and respect for craftsmanship.
- Promote a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity and superior performance standards, leading by example
- Contributes to the development of best practices and standards to increase the overall efficiency and increase revenue within the department.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills